Cross-posted at PrawfsBlawg:
So far today, we have the following evidence concerning John McCain's alleged suspension of his campaign:
- His press office is doing its normal thing
- His talking heads have been on TV
- He gave a political speech (as if a major-party nominee could give any other type of speech this close to election day) at the Clinton Global Initiative
- He has claimed that bailout negotiations are going poorly, even though reports suggest the contrary
- He is supposedly headed to Washington to take part in a White House photo-op (I say "supposedly" because he told David Letterman the same thing YESterday, as Adam Sandler might put it)
*I didn't list the fact that McCain's campaign ads are still running in multiple states, because the consensus around the net seems to be that a sincere effort to take them down would take a while. So we'll see about that one.