Friday, October 17, 2008

Get Your Economists for Obama Gear!

On this site you can buy "Economists for Obama" T-shirts, bumper stickers, and the like, with the same logo we have in our banner. The person who set up the site and kindly supplied me with the logo assures me that all products are sold at cost.

By the way, here's a funny story: when daily readership on this site started to reach into the thousands, a friend suggested I put up advertising to make a little money, which maybe we could have used to pay for the Economists for Obama victory party. I tried this for about 10 minutes with Google's Adwords, but all the ads that came up for our site (matched to the words that appear on our blog) were for Republican hit pieces insisting that Obama is a Muslim terrorist sympathizer, etc. So, I decided the risk of leading our readers astray with such links wasn't worth the prospect of making a couple bucks and took the ads down.

No comments: