Saturday, October 25, 2008

Palinomics: What does it MEAN?

Over at Politico, Ben Smith has an article suggesting tension between the Palinistas and McCainiacs. I'll leave aside Smith's, um, generous description of Palin's debate performance as "adequate", and his, um, intriguing reference to Joe Biden as "the Democratic Party's foremost debater."

Let's focus instead on this statement of Sarah Palin's apparent opposition to further fiscal stimulus:

"I say, you know, when is enough enough of taxpayer dollars being thrown into this bill out there?" she asked. "This next one of the Democrats being proposed should be very, very concerning to all Americans because to me it sends a message that $700 billion bailout, maybe that was just the tip of the iceberg. No, you know, we were told when we've got to be believing if we have enough elected officials who are going to be standing strong on fiscal conservative principles and free enterprise and we have to believe that there are enough of those elected officials to say, 'No, OK, that's enough.'" 
Can you discern an actual economic policy argument here? Even a meaning

I still knock wood every time I say or write the phrase "if we win". But, if we win, I will admit that I am really looking forward to watching the 2012 GOP primaries as Palin, Huckabee and Romney go after each other. I suspect the Mittster, for one, will be less than generous in his characterization of Palin's "economic" views.

No comments: